There are many ways you can help I2P.
We need help in many areas, and you don't need to know Java to contribute. Here's a list to help get you started.
Grow the Community
- Spread the Word. — Tell people about I2P on forums, blogs, and comments to articles. Fix up the Wikipedia article about I2P in your language. Tell your friends, and more importantly, use I2P to communicate with your friends. We have many tools that can help you keep your private conversations private.
- Translation — Help translate the website and the software into your language. Translators are a very important part of this decentralized project and your work is always appreciated. See the new translator's guide for details.
- תיעוד — Suggest changes to the website, or help fix the parts of the website that you notice are outdated or incomplete. Web Site development has been fully migrated to git, you can participate by creating an account on our project Gitlab inside the I2P network here or on the non-private internet here. We also always appreciate our wonderful translators, join one of our Transifex teams and help translate pages into other languages.
- Testing — Run the latest builds from monotone or a recent build from the unofficial github mirror and report results on Gitlab inside the I2P network here or on the non-private internet here. For existing bugs, Trac is still acceptable.
Host Services for Yourself and Others
- שירותים — Self-hosting almost anything, from an SSH server for yourself to an ActivityPub forum for everyone and anything in between, is helpful to the I2P network, especially if you write down instructions for others. Almost anything you can think of can be made to work with I2P, and your service is valuable to the network.
- Reseeding — Getting new users onto the network is a very important task, and that task is handled by our reseed servers. The more reseed servers we have, the more de-centralized and redundant our infrastructure is. It's a big responsibility, but it's pretty easy to set up a reseed server for new routers to bootstrap from. Detailed instructions are on our reseed server page.
- יישומים — Write or port applications for I2P. There's some guidelines and a list of ideas on the applications page.
- Coding — There's plenty to do if you know Java or are ready to learn. Check for open tickets on Trac or the TODO list on zzz.i2p for some ideas on where to start. See the new developer's guide for details.
- ניתוח — Study or test the code to look for vulnerabilities. Both anonymity vulnerabilities from the various threat models, and DOS and other weaknesses due to security holes, benefit from ongoing research.